GAUGE: 15 hdc-flo or hdc-blo = about 8" (20.5 cm); be sure to check your gauge
- Finished Circumference About 66" (167.5 cm)
- Finished Width About 11½" (29 cm)
- Hdc-Blo (Half Double Crochet in Back Loop Only) Yarn over, insert hook in back loop only of indicated st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- Hdc-Flo (Half Double Crochet in Front Loop Only) Yarn over, insert hook in front loop only of indicated st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- Cowl is worked in one piece, then sewn together to make a ring.
- To change yarn color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete the st. Proceed with new color. Fasten off old color.
With A, ch 22.
Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook (2 skipped ch count as first hdc) and in each ch across – 21 hdc.
Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), turn, hdc-flo in next st and in each st across to beg ch, hdc in top of beg ch.
Row 3: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), turn, hdc-blo in next st and in each st across to beg ch, hdc in top of beg ch.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until almost all of A has been used, changing to B in last st of last row.
With B, continue to repeat Rows 2 and 3 until almost all of B has been used, end with a Row 2 as the last row you work.
Fasten off, leaving a long yarn tail.
Thread yarn tail into blunt needle and sew ends of piece together to make a ring. Weave in ends.