Michaels takes the issue of privacy on the Internet very seriously.
To view Your Privacy Rights, click here.
General Conditions of Use
Michaels hopes you enjoy the Site and use it safely and constructively. Your use of the Site does not entitle you to continue to use the Site. Your use of the Site is at the sole discretion of Michaels, which may deny you further use of the Site at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. This Site may only be used by residents of Canada. If you use this Site outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with any and all applicable laws.
Your use of the Site must always comply with applicable law. In particular, but without limitation, you agree and represent not to use the Site to:
Access and Interference
Systematic retrieval of data from this site to create or compile directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, a collection, compilation, database or directory without the express written permission of Michaels is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Web pages or the content contained herein without our prior expressed written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to bypass any code which may be included to prevent you from breaching the obligations in this paragraph or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our or our host’s infrastructure.
You may not engage in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other practice or activity the purpose of which is to obtain lists of users, portions of a database, or other lists or information from this site, in any manner or in any quantities not authorized by Michaels. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Michaels or its affiliates without prior express written consent. You may not use meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Michaels’ name or trademarks without the express written consent of Michaels.
Michaels no longer sends copies of our advertisement via Canada Post. There are three ways to obtain a copy of the Michaels ad:
If you are currently registered with Michaels, please update your profile and opt-in to receive the Michaels ad via email. Otherwise, please register with us. Michaels’ coupons are only available in the advertisement inserted in participating local newspapers.
If you have any other questions concerning our Advertising Policy, please visit the Customer Service link.
- The Michaels Rewards program is sponsored by Michaels of Canada, ULC and is valid in Canadian stores only. By becoming a member of the Michaels Rewards program, members agree to receive advertising, marketing materials and other communications from Michaels of Canada, ULC except where expressly disallowed as a profile preference. The Michaels Stores logo, Michaels Rewards logo and other logos and taglines are the intellectual property of Michaels of Canada, ULC Membership rules are void to the extent where prohibited by law. Taxes may apply where required by law.
- Michaels Rewards program Membership is open to individuals of at least 18 years of age.
- Membership is nontransferable and subject to present and future program rules. Enrollment becomes effective and acceptance of these terms and conditions begins when a new member enrolls in the Michaels Rewards program. Michaels of Canada, ULC may change the Michaels Rewards rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or rewards, in whole or in part, at any time without notice.
- Michaels of Canada, ULC may, at any time, terminate or modify the Michaels Rewards program and program rules without any further obligations to members.
- Abuse of the Michaels Rewards program, including failure to follow program policies and procedures, the sale or barter of reward discounts, product, benefits or promotional offers and any misrepresentation of fact relating thereto or other improper conduct as determined by Michaels of Canada, ULC in its sole judgment, may result in cancellation of the member’s account and future disqualification from program participation, forfeiture of all benefits and cancellation of previously issued but unused reward discounts. In connection with the enforcement of any of the terms and conditions governing the Michaels Rewards program, Michaels of Canada, ULC reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Michaels of Canada, ULC reserves the right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures communicated in these terms and conditions. All determinations by Michaels of Canada, ULC shall be final and conclusive in each case. These terms and conditions supersede all previously published terms and conditions.
- As a condition of Membership, Michaels Rewards members may receive special offers, discounts, information, Michaels Rewards updates and other related materials at the discretion of Michaels of Canada, ULC. Michaels of Canada, ULC reserves the right to cease mailing of Michaels Rewards updates and related materials to any Michaels Rewards member.
- For information about an individual account or any other program-related questions or information, contact Michaels of Canada, ULC Customer Relations by mail at: 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063. By email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, by phone toll free at: 1-800-Michaels
- Michaels of Canada, ULC reserves the right to make Michaels Rewards benefits and promotional offers available to select Michaels Rewards members based on purchase activity, geographic location, program participation or information supplied by the member.
- A Michaels Rewards member may cancel his or her Membership at any time by notifying Michaels of Canada, ULC Customer Relations by mail at “Customer Relations, 8000 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063”, email at email@example.com or telephone at 1-800-Michaels. Michaels of Canada, ULC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel an individual Membership.
- As a member of Michaels Rewards, members may be given specific discounts on an eligible product purchase. To utilize these benefits, members must surrender the coupon provided at the time of purchase.
- Michaels Rewards members can use only one Membership per transaction. Membership cards and benefits have no cash value and are nontransferable.
- Benefits are not transferable and may not be combined among Michaels Rewards members or conveyed by any means to anyone, including through a member’s estate, and may not pass to a members’ successors and assigns. Accrued benefits do not constitute property of the member. Accrued benefits are not transferable by the member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise.
- Reward discounts will be automatically emailed to Michaels Rewards members.
- Discounts are valid for specific periods of time not to exceed 30 days from date of issue. Michaels of Canada, ULC reserves the right to change Michaels Rewards terms at any time without notice, including imposition of new discount expiration dates.
- Discounts are not valid on prior purchases, certain products and services, purchase of gift cards or for tax or state fees. Discounts are not redeemable for cash. Michaels Rewards members may be notified of additional ineligible products and services. Other restrictions may apply. Lost, stolen or expired discounts will not be replaced.
The Michaels coupon is available in the advertisements inserted into participating newspapers or via Michaels weekly email program. If you are not already receiving coupons via email, please visit Michaels.ca and register to receive discounts. Coupons are not available in our online ads or ads sent via email. Coupons are not available in Michaels stores. If you have any other questions concerning our advertisement policy, please visit www.michaels.ca and select the customer service link located at the bottom of the home page.
Limit one coupon per product. Limit one coupon of each type per day. Limited to stock on hand. Void where prohibited. Valid only in Canada.
EXCLUSIONS: Everyday Value program, clearance; doorbusters and buy & get items; custom framing; beverages & candy; books & magazines; gift cards; Cricut, Silhouette; Christmas trees. Exclusions subject to change. See Team Member for details.
CANADIAN IN-STORE PRICE GUARANTEE
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any brick-and-mortar retailer in Canada, we will match that price, and then beat it by 10%. (Bring the ad, printout or photo with you to the register for validation. If you find a current lower price at the time of purchase or within 7 days of your purchase we will adjust the price. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item. Items must be priced in Canadian dollars, and all applicable taxes and fees must be included in the competitor’s price, for example, the New Brunswick EHF.) The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Unfortunately, we cannot stack other coupons, from Michaels or other retailers, on top of prices reduced as a result of the Low Price Guarantee.
What’s not included?
- Volume or wholesale pricing, including membership-based retail wholesalers
- Items identified as being on closeout, liquidation, clearance, special buys, doorbusters, reward club, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, storewide or unspecific offers, or offers that only display on a website after the guest logs in
- Items sold by third-party sites (for example, a third party selling through eBay, or an Amazon or Walmart “affiliate seller”)
- Free offers, gift-with-purchase, bundle offers, or rebates (whether or not from the manufacturer)
- Reverse-bid or auction pricing
- Pricing for professional services or custom order products (such as custom framing or floral)
- Internet prices
- Black Friday and Boxing Day pricing
- Prices offered at stores that fall outside of a forty kilometer radius around the store where the price match is requested.
This policy is subject to change without notice.
Prices, Payment Methods and Billing
We strive to provide accurate information about our products and services and any related pricing, but errors may occur. Michaels reserves the right to correct any errors of our products, services or pricing and to modify the prices at any time, without prior notice. Michaels cannot confirm prices until after you submit an order. Michaels makes a conscientious effort to describe and display its products and services accurately on the Site. Despite these efforts, a small number of items on the Site may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable, and we may experience delays in updating information on the Site and in our advertising on other sites. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. Michaels reserves the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, if the item is no longer available, or if we determine that there were inaccuracies in our product information, we will cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation via email.
Prices quoted are payable in Canadian Dollars unless otherwise displayed at check-out.
Before creating an account or completing an online purchase, we may ask you for a method of payment, such as a credit card. The cardholder and the account member must be one and the same person. When you make a purchase, you authorize Michaels (or our payment partners) to bill your payment method on file in your account at the advertised price plus any applicable taxes or fees.
One you place an order, Michaels will send you an email within one business day and provide you with an order confirmation number, the details of your purchase, as well as a link to these Terms.
Registration and Passwords
Registering with the Site provides you many benefits. When you register with our Site, we will remember your information for future use. This makes your experience on our Site easier and more convenient. When you use the Site and sign in, you have easy access to your order status, a convenient “personal address book” to store frequently used shipping addresses, and access to our community features, including forums and chats.
When you register with Michaels, you have the option to create your own address list. This feature allows you to store up to 10 names and addresses of people to whom you frequently send gifts. It’s easy to add, change or delete information from your address list at any time. The information in your address list is for your convenience only. Michaels will not use your address list to contact people on your list except with a specific question about a delivery and then Michaels will ask your approval before making the contact.
When you register, you will be asked to select a password. You will also be given the opportunity to provide a password hint. If you forget your password, Michaels will provide you with the hint to help you remember. However, to keep your information secure, Michaels cannot provide you with your password. If you cannot remember your password even after receiving the hint, then you can call 1-800-MICHAELS for assistance. When you register, we also ask you to enter a Login ID. If you have forgotten your Login ID, please reregister as a new user.
When you register, or when updating your registration profile, you have the option to join the Michaels mailing list. By opting to join the mailing list, you will receive notifications of events, sales and other important and useful information. To change your password or any other personal information you have previously provided to Michaels, click on “My Michaels,” sign in to the Site, then choose “Edit Account Information.”
In consideration of your use of the Site as a registered user, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site’s registration form, and (b) maintain and promptly update the registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Michaels has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Michaels has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
Please refer to Your Privacy Rights to learn about what information Michaels collects and why.
Changing/Modifying Your Account
We make it easy for you to update your registration profile, information in your personal address book, your site password, and other similar items. We have the following options for changing and modifying information about your account.
You can call: 1-800-MICHAELS.
You can edit your account information by navigating to “My Michaels“ and choosing “Update Account”
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site is protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other intellectual property rights.
No part of this Site may be reproduced, used or appropriated in any manner for any purpose without the express written consent of Michaels.
Third Party Copyrights
Michaels respects the intellectual property of authors and creators of visual images and we ask our customers to do the same. A copyright exists in nearly all images and artwork. Copyright vests in its owner the exclusive right to make copies, publicly distribute copies, publicly display the work, and prepare other works based on the original. Federal law provides both civil and criminal penalties for violation of a copyright. Michaels and its customers are each subject to the copyright laws.
You represent and warrant that you possess all necessary rights to use the content that you submit to Michaels, whether in our stores or through the Site, and that use of such content does not violate the foregoing. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims arising out of or relating to any content that you submit to us. By submitting content, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use the content in any manner that Michaels deems appropriate, in our sole and exclusive discretion.
If you have any questions, you should consult a lawyer who specializes in copyright law.
Links to Other Sites; Framing this Site
The Site may contain links to third party websites. Such third party websites are not under the control of Michaels. Please note that Michaels is not responsible for the accuracy or content of websites of other providers, even if a link has been provided from this Site. Accordingly, Michaels can neither make a representation concerning the content of these sites to you nor can the fact that Michaels has provided this link serve as an endorsement by Michaels of this or any other site. In creating hypertext links to any other website, Michaels is not recommending that website or giving any assurances as to its standing. Michaels is providing this link only as a convenience to you. The inclusion of these links is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites. Michaels makes no warranties, explicit or implied, regarding the performance of the links, the performance of the outside sites or the contents of the outside sites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any portion of this Site (including any image found on this Site, any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information or any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on this Site) without prior express written consent.
Comments and Submissions
Michaels appreciates your comments, remarks, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions you disclose or transmit directly to us (collectively, “Your Comments”). Michaels is not obligated to keep Your Comments confidential or pay you or anyone else any money for Your Comments. Your Comments shall become the property of Michaels upon receipt, which means that Michaels shall own all right, title and interest in and to Your Comments.
Users of the Site are able to make certain comments, reviews, submissions and messages that are publicly-accessible on the Site (collectively, “Public Postings”). When you submit Public Postings, you grant Michaels, and all others who access the Public Postings, the worldwide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Public Postings (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Michaels shall have the right to use photos or other images you submit to us or post on the Site, such as images of completed crafting projects, in marketing materials, advertising or in any other manner, so long as such images do not include personally identifying text, without securing your additional approval.
Michaels has no obligation to monitor postings, however, you acknowledge that Michaels has the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Public Posting that is made on the Site. In particular, but without limitation, Michaels shall have the right to remove any Public Posting that violates this Agreement, applicable law, or is otherwise objectionable as determined by Michaels in its sole discretion.
You understand that if you include your email address in any Public Posting to the Site, that you may receive unsolicited emails for which Michaels bears no responsibility.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold completely harmless Michaels and its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including without limitation claims based upon the negligence of Michaels, arising from or related to your use of the Site, the materials it contains, and any sites linked to this Site. You further agree to Indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries or affiliates, and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your negligence, breach of this Agreement, or violation of any law or the rights of a third party or due to or arising out of your use of the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
MICHAELS MAKES NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION THAT:
NO INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MICHAELS OR THROUGH THIS SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. MICHAELS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY INDIVIDUALS WHO USE THIS SITE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FILES THAT ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU RESIDE, YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL MICHAELS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MICHAELS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MICHAELS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
MICHAELS SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS ON THIRD PARTY SITES IN RELATION TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE.
YOU AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FILES THAT ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR MERCHANDISE ORDERED AS A RESULT OF INTERACTIONS WITH THE SITE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON, OR REFUSE TO ABIDE BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, MICHAELS’ LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL BE LIMITED IN ALL INSTANCES TO AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $100. YOU FURTHER AGREE NOT TO JOIN IN ANY LAWSUIT WITH ANOTHER PERSON OR SERVE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST MICHAELS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE.
Because of the dynamic nature of the Internet environment, Michaels may update, revise, supplement, modify or amend this Agreement at any time. Any update, revision, supplementation, modification or amendment shall be effective immediately upon its posting on the Site. You agree that you will be bound by this Agreement, however and whenever it is updated, revised, supplemented, modified, or amended, whether you have actual or constructive notice of, and whether you have used or continue to use the Site after the updates, revisions, supplementations, modifications or amendments.
Entire Agreement; Interpretation
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Michaels with respect to your use of the Site. There are no other representations, warranties, terms, agreements, or conditions, either written or oral, with respect to your use of the Site except as set forth in this Agreement, and you agree that you have not relied on any other representations, warranties, terms, agreements, or conditions. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void, voidable or unenforceable for any reason by any court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, then such provision(s) shall be reformed without further action by the parties to the extent necessary to make such provision(s) valid and enforceable when applied to such facts or circumstances, with the objective of achieving as nearly as legally possible the same effect.
Governing Law and Venue
This Agreement, the entire relationship between you and Michaels, and any litigation or other legal proceeding between you and Michaels (whether grounded in tort, contract, statute, law, or equity) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to its choice of law rules. Reasonable attorneys' fees and costs will be awarded to the prevailing party in the event of litigation involving the enforcement or interpretation of this Agreement.
This contract is fully performable in Dallas, Texas. Any litigation arising between the parties hereto shall be brought only in the state or federal courts having subject matter jurisdiction in Dallas County, Texas. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction of any such court and hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive any defense of an inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any action or proceeding in any such court, any objection to venue with respect to any such action or proceeding, and any right of jurisdiction on account of the place of residence or domicile of any party thereto.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site.
Michaels may terminate your right to use this Site, with or without cause at any time in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, your violation of this Agreement, failure to provide accurate registration data, and lack of use. In the event of termination, all representations, warranties, indemnifications, and promises made by you shall survive.
The failure by either party to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement, to exercise any election or option provided herein, or to require at any time the performance of the other of any of the provisions herein will not in any way be construed as a waiver of such provisions.
If you have a comment, question or request, or if you need to contact Michaels for any other reason, please contact Michaels.
Effective Date: 09/2019