FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: About 11½" x 70" [29 x 178 cm]
GAUGE: 8 sts = about 4" [10 cm] over seed st pattern. Center cable measures about 4½" [11.5 cm] wide; be sure to check your gauge.
- Seed St (worked over an odd number of sts)
- Row 1: K1, *p1, k1; rep from * to end of row.
- Row 2: P the knit sts, and k the purl sts.
- Rep Row 2 for seed st.
- Cable Panel (worked over 15 sts)
- Rows 1 and 3 (RS): P1, k13, p1.
- Rows 2 and 4: K1, p13, k1.
- Row 5: P1, 3/3 RC, k1, 3/3 LC, p1.
- Rows 6 and 8: K1, p4, (k1, p1) twice, k1, p4, k1.
- Rows 7 and 9: P1, k3, p1, (k1, p1) 3 times, k3, p1.
- Row 10: Rep Row 6.
- Rows 11-14: Rep Rows 1-4.
- Rep Rows 5-14 for cable panel.
- 3/3 RC (3 over 3 right cross): Slip 3 sts to cable needle and hold in back of work, k3, then k3 from cable needle.
- 3/3 LC (3 over 3 left cross): Slip 3 sts to cable needle and hold in front of work, k3, then k3 from cable needle.
- Scarf is worked in one piece in seed st with a center cable panel.
- We’ve provided a chart showing the st patterns on the scarf. When working from chart, read RS rows from right to left and WS rows from left to right.
Cast on 29 sts.
Row 1 (RS): Work Row 1 of Seed st over first 7 sts, place a marker (pm), work Row 1 of Cable Panel over next 15 sts, pm, work Row 1 of seed st over last 7 sts.
Row 2: Work Row 2 of seed st to marker, slip maker (sm), work next Row of cable panel over next 15 sts, sm, work Row 2 of Seed st over last 7 sts.
Continue as established, working first and last 7 sts in Seed st and sts between markers in cable panel until piece measures about 70" (178 cm) from beginning, end with a Row 7 as the last row you work.
Weave in ends.